Monday, September 27, 2004

Beginning Continuation

I had written a long introduction about myself and why I'm calling this blog Continuation, but it was really self absorbed (and worse, boring), so I deleted it all. Suffice it to say that my title references an early autobiography by Kenneth Branagh. I'm assuming that anyone that would want to read this can figure the rest out.
The reason I decided to start this blog is to have a place where my germinating ideas can grow and breed, leaving space in my brain for my law school info.
First idea is this principal from Contracts class. We discussed the fact that past consideration is no consideration. Without explaining too much to the intelligent non-lawyers in the audience, this concept means you can't form a contract using the past actions of one party as part of the deal. Anyway, I think this would make a great line for an action movie, perhaps starring Bruce Willis. I can see Bruce, bloodied and beaten, staring down his long-lost half brother, about to shoot him with an explosive tipped arrow.

John (Bruce Willis): Your time is up, Alfonse.

Alfonse: But John, while mulling over your desire to blow me up with unnecessary force, consider the time I saved your life at the lake, where we used to play before I became evil, joined an extremist paramilitary group, and then tried to blow up New York (Where you live), LA (where your estranged wife and children live, and D.C. (for the heck of it, adding several characters and plot options open for the seven to ten writer's who will eventually all get simultaneous billing for writing this script that a seventh grader could have done by herself).

John: Past Consideration is no Consideration.


Perhaps this seems funnier to me as I have been studying law exclusively for the past couple of months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home